Internationalisation is one of the foundations of the strategy of the Lodz University of Technology in the field of research, education, as well as other activities carried out in cooperation with the social and economic environment.
The establishment of a general university unit in 2017, i.e. the International Cooperation Centre (CWM) of the Lodz University of Technology, is a sign of our care for the image of the university in the international arena. The main task of CWM is to dynamically implement the strategy of internationalisation of the university and to strongly mark the identity of the Lodz University of Technology as an innovative academic centre on the European Higher Education Map.
Other tasks of the CWM include, but are not limited to:
- promoting Polish higher education and Lodz University of Technology in Europe and worldwide;
- strengthening the international prestige of the Lodz University of Technology;
- organizing education in foreign languages based on innovative and internationally recognized models;
- supporting the internationalisation of the Lodz University of Technology in all areas of the University's activity, including in particular supporting the international mobility of students, academics and nonacademic staff,
- intensifying the creation of an international academic community at the Lodz University of Technology,
- supporting the organisation of international undertakings and projects carried out at the Lodz University of Technology,
- strengthening the participation of the Technical University of Łódź in international networks and associations of didactic, scientific and organizational character,
- Supporting the participation of the Lodz University of Technology in international rankings and accreditations.
CWM at TUL comprises two smaller centres dealing with comprehensive student services and academic administration in the area of international cooperation. These are: International Faculty of Engineering (IFE) and International Cooperation Service Centre (ICSC).