International accreditations help to increase the visibility of universities in the international arena, but above all they are conducive to improving the quality of education.
International accreditation is a difficult, time-consuming process that requires the commitment of the entire academic community. However, it is worth taking such actions. They make it possible to significantly improve the university management process, thus contributing to its development. The very process of preparing for accreditation is important and it should be treated as a process of self-improvement. It is the time of development and improvement of mechanisms related to monitoring, evaluation and perfecting of all aspects of university functioning. Efforts involved in the accreditation procedure enforce critical reflection and improvement activities to be applied, and this, in turn, makes the benefit of becoming accredited not only a recognizable quality mark after the completion of the entire process, but also everything that follows and what is gained by the university during the preparation. The most important element in the accreditation procedure is not the moment of meeting the criteria, but the process of reaching this stage and maintaining the obtained results.
As part of the non-competition project of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education "Foreign Accreditation" of the Operational Program Knowledge Education Development, co-financed by the European Social Fund, Lodz University of Technology implements 16 accreditation procedures:
- 11 EUR-ACE® Label program accreditations, Label,
- 2 program accreditations ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology),
- institutional accreditation HCERES (Haut Conseil de l'évaluation de la recherche et de l'enseignement supérieur),
- EAQUALS re-accreditation (European Association for Quality Language Services) TUL Language Centre,
- • Institutional evaluation IEP (Institutional Evaluation Programme, EUA).