International accreditations help to increase the visibility of universities, but above all they are conducive to building quality culture.
International accreditation is a difficult, time-consuming process that requires the commitment of the entire academic community. However, it is worth taking such actions. They make it possible to significantly improve the university management process, thus contributing to its development. The very process of preparing for accreditation is important and it should be treated as a process of self-improvement. It is the time of development of mechanisms related to monitoring, evaluation and continuous improvement of all aspects of university functioning. Efforts involved in the accreditation procedure enforce critical reflection, and this, in turn, makes the benefit of becoming accredited not only a recognizable quality mark after the completion of the entire process, but also everything that follows and what is gained by the university during the preparation. The most important element in the accreditation procedure is not the moment of meeting the criteria, but the process of reaching this stage and maintaining the obtained results.
As part of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education project "International Accreditations" of the Operational Program Knowledge Education Development, co-financed by the European Social Fund, Lodz University of Technology implements the following accreditation procedures:
- 19 ENAEE (European Network for Engineering Accreditation) program accreditations,
- 2 ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) program accreditations,
- 3 ECTN (European Chemistry Thematic Network) program accreditations,
- institutional accreditation HCERES (Haut Conseil de l'évaluation de la recherche et de l'enseignement supérieur),
- EAQUALS re-accreditation (European Association for Quality Language Services) for TUL Language Centre,
- institutional evaluation IEP (Institutional Evaluation Programme)/EUA,
- institutional accreditation CEEMAN IQA for the Faculty of Organization and Management,
- institutional accreditation ACEEU (Acreditation Council for Entrepreneurial and Engaged Universities).