Erasmus+ is the largest European Union programme in the field of education, training, youth and sport in the funding period 2014-2020 with a total budget of €14.7 billion.
The Programme is made up of three so-called "Key Actions":
- Action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals - supporting student, university staff, young people and youth workers mobility projects as well as European Voluntary Service events
- Action 2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices - supporting strategic partnerships between institutions in the field of education, training and youth; knowledge and sector skills alliances as well as consortia building capacity of institutions and education systems. The objective of the implemented projects is to exchange experience, develop and disseminate innovative practices contributing to the improvement of education quality and better adjustment of the education systems to the needs of society and economy.
- Action 3 – Support for policy reform - stimulating innovative policy development and implementation in the field of education, training and youth.
There are also two separate areas of the Programme:
- Sport – supporting partnership projects in the field of sport and organisation of non-commercial European sporting events. The aim is to counter threats to the integrity of sport such as doping, violence and discrimination.
- Jean Monnet Activities – supporting projects that improve the quality of teaching and research in the field of European integration.
The above actions cover the sectors of school education, higher education, vocational education and training, adult education and youth.
Actions and calls for proposals are managed:
- at central level (so-called central projects) by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency in Brussels (EACEA) (https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus_en)
- at the national level (so-called national projects) - in Poland by the Foundation for the Development of the Education System (http://erasmusplus.org.pl/)
You can find detailed information about open calls for proposals and project implementation guidelines on the websites of the above mentioned institutions.
We also encourage you to get acquainted with information published on the following subpages.