The Cooperation Partnership project „Building a Comprehensive Educational Ecosystem for Sustainable Development Goals” is implemented in the higher education sector.
The general objective of the project is to accelerate higher education contribution to the SDGs by cultivating social responsibility and shaping agents of change.
The specific objectives include:
* enhancing the standards of university planning, implementation and monitoring of sustainable development policies;
* crafting university approach to teach empathy as the pillar of effective SDGs implementation;
* developing the recognition, understanding and management of one’s own emotions to actively contribute to the implementation of the SDGs;
* crafting university approach to develop the SDGs micro-credential ecosystem;
* upskilling and reskilling target groups' knowledge, abilities, and competencies in the area of the SDGs;
* sharing information, resources, and best practices for a successful social and institutional contribution to the SDGs;
* enhancing the ability of participating organizations to collaborate internationally in order to fulfil the project's goals and guarantee excellent outcomes with a high degree of transferability.
#du4sdgs is implemented by Lodz University of Technology in partnership with Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain), Welfare and Development Association (Spain), ACEEU (Germany), Riga Technical University (Latvia) and Team Coaching (Poland). As part of our university, the project is coordinated by the International Cooperation Centre under the leadership of dr inż. Dorota Piotrowska, university professor.
The project consists of four main pillars – work packages – which include the main substantive activities:
1. SDGs University Knowledge Hub – an online learning space with educational pathways to guide users towards the development of their knowledge and skills.
2. Emotional Intelligence for the SDGs – development of a board game to support understanding of the SDGs through the advancement of emotional intelligence (Emotional Quotient / EQ). The project will also include trainings and a summer school for the target groups.
3. Micro-credentials for the SDGs – development of a system of validation of competences in the area of the SDGs and EQ.
4. Dissemination of university contribution to the SDGs – wide popularisation of the solutions developed in the project.
The project is aimed at students, academic and administrative staff, HEIs’ decision-makers and lifelong learners from outside the university who want to upgrade their skills for SDGs and develop EQ to expand professional experience and meet the demands of the labor market.
#du4sdgs is a 3-year project implemented from 01/10/2023 to 30/09/2026.
The project budget is 400,000 EUR.
Project number: 2023-1-PL01-KA220-HED-000165127