About Cooperation Centre Poland-East
For many years, Lodz University of Technology has been maintaining close cooperation with partner universities in the East – in Belarus, Ukraine and Russia. Such cooperation resulted in numerous publications, scientific research projects, joint grants and educational programs, cultural meetings, language courses and student internships. In recent years, the TUL has been actively developing cooperation with Asian countries – Kazakhstan, China and Japan. All of the above-mentioned countries and many others, located in Eastern Europe and Asia, form the so-called Eastern countries. That is why, in order to maintain and continue long-term fruitful cooperation, as well as to establish and develop new contacts, the International Cooperation Centre Poland-East (ICC Poland-East) has been created.
ICC Poland-East purposes
The main goal of ICC Poland-East is to maintain existing, as well as to look for and develop new contacts with the universities in Eastern Europe and Asia by expanding joint areas of cooperation, joint research programs and grants, scholarships and scientific schools, cultural and language interests, development of double diploma programmes and finding common areas of interest in the field of history, culture and language.
ICC Poland-East tasks
- developing cooperation, as well as looking for new contacts with the universities of Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Georgia, China, Japan, etc.,
- organization of cultural and scientific events in cooperation with partners from Eastern Europe and Asia,
- double diploma programs developing,
- increasing the attractiveness of Lodz University of Technology among foreign students and foreign universities among TUL`s students,
- information support for foreign students coming to TUL for stydying as well as for Polish students going to study abroad,
- looking for and updating information on scholarships and grants for students of both sides,
- searching and updating information on possible areas of joint research,
- organization of didactic, academic, administrative and other types of exchange.