As part of Component II of the Education Programme - Mobility Projects in Higher Education, Lodz University of Technology was eligible to receive the grant of €97 368, where €82 763 was an EEA Grant contribution and €14 605 was aquired through domestic funding.
The employees of Lodz University of Technology and the employees of the universities from the Donor States could receive funding for mobility:
- for teaching purposes - a minimum of 8 hours of classes should be conducted during one week of stay;
- for training purposes - job shadowing, participation in seminars, trainings, workshops and conferences improving skills and expanding knowledge in a given field.
The project was being implemented from April 1, 2022 until September 30, 2023.
In the framework of the implementation of the agreement number EEA/21/K2/W/0005, the number of places for staff mobility in the Education Programme was 20. 18 employees of Lodz University of Technology received grants for the mobilities to the Donor States.
Under the agreement number EEA/21/K2/W/0005, employees could realize mobility in cooperation with the universities with which Lodz University of Technology had signed an inter-institutional agreement. These universities included:
- University of Bergen Norway
- University of Stavanger Norway
- University of Agder Norway
- Western Norway University of Applied Sciences Norway
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology Norway
- Oslo Metropolitan University Norway
- University of Iceland Iceland
- Reykjavik University Iceland
Mobility must have been completed by September 30, 2023.
Employees of TUL interested in going to the above-mentioned universities underwent qualification according to the rules described in the attached document.
Financial support in the Education Programme
Financial support for living expenses and travel costs took the form of a grant. The detailed rules of financing mobility were set out in this document.
The amount of the travel scholarship depended on the distance between the place of departure and the destination. For the calculation of the grant for TUL employee, it was assumed that the place of departure is Lodz as the seat of TUL. To calculate the distance, the Distance Calculator was used which was published on the European Commission website.
Persons with disabilities could receive additional funding from EEA grants.
Additional recruitment - closed:
06.03.2023 - 02.04.2023 – submitting applications
03.04.2023 - 07.04.2023 – verifying submitted applications
11.04.2023 - 21.04.2023 – interviews with the Qualification Committee
until 05.05.2023 – announcement of the results
I recruitment - closed:
by 15.11.2022 - submitting applications
16.11.2022 - 18.11.2022 - verifying submitted applications
21.11.2022 - 27.11.2022 - interviews with the Qualification Committee
by 30.11.2022 - announcement of the results
II recruitment - closed:
by 05.02.2023 - submitting applications
06.02.2023 - 15.02.2023 - verifying submitted applications
20.02.2023 - 03.03.2023 - interviews with the Qualification Committee
by 10.03.2023 - announcement of the results
In order to participate in the qualifications, a TUL employee was supposed to submit the following documents in accordance with the announced qualification schedule.
1. An application form, appropriate to the type of mobility:
2. A written confirmation from the selected partner university (e.g. email) that the planned mobility can be carried out.
After obtaining a positive qualification decision, but no later than 2 weeks before the planned mobility, the employee was obliged to sign and submit to the Staff Mobility Division of ICC of TUL:
1. An agreement on an individual mobility programme (Staff Mobility Agreement):
2. Foreign travel application form:
The employee submitted the application electronically (through the SAPort system) and then submitted the document with the required acceptances to Staff Mobility Division using EZD system.
What else was needed to be done before the planned mobility?:
- signing the financial agreement in Staff Mobility Divicion, ICC;
- downloading the insurance card from the SAPort system or the Wikamp portal.
In a situation where you need to book airline tickets or accommodation, please make your purchase only after obtaining the signatures of the decision-makers on all the above-mentioned documents.
Each TUL employee was obliged to obtain a written confirmation of the completed mobility (Confirmation of Stay) issued by the host institution, which should include information regarding the realization of the objectives described in the Staff Mobility Agreement:
The mobility participant was obliged to:
- provide the Staff Mobility Division with the above mentioned confirmation;
- fill in the appropriate ex-post survey (survey for the teaching mobility / survey for the training mobility)
- fill in the report for TUL on the realization of mobility.
The ex-post survey along with the report should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrivals from the Donor States
As part of the implementation of the agreement number EEA/21/K2/W/0005, the number of places for incoming staff mobility was 5. Funding for the incoming mobilities was granted to 4 employees representing partner universities from the Donor States.
In order to apply to come to TUL, the employee of the partner institution from the Donor States was supposed to submit the following documents:
An agreement on an individual mobility programme (Staff Mobility Agreement):
- Staff Mobility Agreement for teaching - incoming mobility
- Staff Mobility Agreement for training - incoming mobility
Each person arriving from the Donor States received a Confirmation of the completed mobility issued by Lodz University of Technology, which included information regarding the achievement of the objectives described in the Staff Mobility Agreement.
After the completed mobility, the participant received an ex-post survey by email, which should be completed and sent back.
The above mentioned documents should be sent to email@example.com
Recommendations for employees traveling abroad
Before each departure, one should always check the recommendations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with regard to foreign travel to a particular country. Please, also pay attention to the current information on the epidemiological situation in the destination country and the applicable conditions for entering the destination country from the territory of Poland.
Before the planned return, you should always make yourself familiar with the recommendations for travellers arriving into Poland.